Good Morning, Friends!
I wanted to bring you up-to-date on everything I've been doing, and some of the exciting things coming! Thank you for sharing some great questions over the last couple weeks. I’ve been feverishly working on tutorials to address all of them. It’s not too late to submit your questions, and I’m curious to hear your ideas as we go forward. I thought it would be fun to do some interviews with the “mavericks” in specialty areas that I’m not quite as savvy about: no question will go unanswered!
These are some of the questions you'd like to see on the blog:
• Easy Prairie Points for the edges of a quilt.
• Scallop edges and how to get it right at the corners.
• Directional borders. If the border fabric is printed with a distinctive up and down what is the best way to put them on the quilt… all facing one direction or all facing out etc…?
• Steps to be complete before giving a project to me for quilting ? How to prepare your quilt for the machine quilter?
• Working with fabric on the bias.
• Choosing fabrics that go together, contrast, scale etc…
• Applique techniques
• How wide should borders be? How to scale to the quilt.
• Fabric requirements for backing and how to cut it.
• Different or alternate border ideas. Measure and cut for those.
• The perfect ¼” seam. How to do it and when not to fuss about it :)
• Y seams!
• Squaring up quilts for borders.
• Batting: what one to use for what type of results, or what one to use for different era of quilt, vintage etc…
• Miter borders, how to do those corners, how much extra fabric do you need.
• How to join binding ends using the diagonal method. Alternate endings.
• Accurate block size tips and tricks. Especially for pesky triangles and flying geese.
• Tutorials or videos on how to put a binding on a hexagon quilt border.
And since you asked, I have many classes and patterns in development. I can hardly wait to share some of the ideas I’ve got rattling around in my head. Stay tuned!
Let the fun begin!