Here comes the ice cream truck! The Two Scoops quilt is summer fun in two different sizes, a lap or baby quilt. This pattern will give you a complicated look without tedious piecing. Two Scoops is constructed of two main blocks, the candy blocks, and the ice cream cone blocks, with side setting units that make construction a breeze with no Y seams. Each block illustrates a different technique using the Creative Grids 60-Degree Diamond Mini Ruler.
Lap Quilt: 56" x 60"
Baby Quilt: 29" x 36"
• 2½ yds background fabric
• 6 light-colored fat quarters:
blue, green, yellow, orange, pink, purple
• 6 matching dark-colored fat quarters
• 1/6 yd light brown for cones
• ½ yd binding fabric
• 3½ yds backing fabric
• 1 yd background fabric
• 3 light-colored fat quarters: green, yellow, orange
• 3 matching dark-colored fat quarters
• 1/6 yd or 4½" x 5½" piece of light brown for cone
• 1/3 yd binding fabric
• 1¼ yd backing fabric
Creative Grids Non-slip 60-Degree Diamond Mini Ruler